Tuesday, May 17, 2011

What Cloud Computing Means For the Real World

What Cloud Computing Means
For the Real World
                                                                         By Keir Thomas

There are more than a few critics of cloud computing, even at PCWorld; I'm probably one of them. But I've been turning over in my mind different perspectives on the cloud. I've tried to set aside the views of the IT executive, who seems to dominate the debate.

 Cloud Computing Basics : What Cloud Computing Means For the Real World

Instead, I've been thinking about what it offers lowly end-users, or for programmers who create the software. What does cloud computing mean for the rest of us?
As far as computer-illiterate end-users are concerned, cloud computing offers many benefits. For example, have you ever lost a file or an update to a document, because you didn't save it before a crash happened?